Community patients requiring STAT testing are best referred to a hospital laboratory or Emergency department where clinical intervention can immediately follow reporting of the test results.
Tests should only be ordered STAT when the result directly affects the immediate care of the patient.
The turn around time for most STAT test requests is 1 hour from the time the specimen is received in the testing laboratory, which may be different than the collection laboratory.
Approved STAT Tests for Community Patients
- Complete blood count (CBC/CBCD) with or without differential or components:
- Platelet count
- White blood cell (WBC) count
- INR/ Prothrombin time (PT)
- Partial thromboplastin time (PTT)
- Urine qualitative HCG (PREG)
Gram stains are offered STAT for our hospital clients.
Return to Health Professionals